Vday background

Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick-or-Treating with Me-maw, Pap-paw, and a Vampire

My parents arrived this evening from Ohio. Since baby is scheduled to arrive on Monday morning, they came to hang out with us this weekend, stay with Dominick while we go to the hospital on Monday, bring him to the hospital to meet his new baby brother or sister, and then take him back to Ohio for the week while I recover in the hospital. So, since today was Halloween, they were here to trick-or-treat with us, too!

There was also Halloween parade at Dollar General today. Everyone got such a kick out of his hair! I sprayed it black, and then drew a widow's peak on his forehead with eyeliner. He looked awesome! I had tried several costumes on his that had a hood or hat with it, but he was having no part of either one of them this year. Last year, his little devil cosume had a hood with it, but he wore it without objection. However, this year was a different story, so the black spray / eyeliner was a much better option. It was also pretty inexpensive. I bought the vampire cape at Gymboree, and it was already on clearance when I found it. I added some black cords, socks, and shoes that he already had, and we were all set. He was definitely the CUTEST vampire ever!! During the parade, the first piece of candy that went into his bag was a sucker. He wanted to open it immediately, and then couldn't have cared less about getting anything else....he was all set with just his sucker.....I guess that leaves more candy for mommy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment