Vday background

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May 8, 2003

I have been cleaning out my old emails from my work email address.  Here is a favorite one that I have saved for the past (nearly) 9 years....it's from May 8, 2003.....the day before my 30th birthday.

From: "Dennis Barga"

05/08/2003 10:01 AM

To: BargaJ@schneider.com

Subject: Birthday

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday dear Jennifer, happy birthday to you.

( I'm singing).


It is hard to believe how fast the years since your birth have gone.

Your have gone from being a sweet little baby to a wonderful young woman

in what seems to be no time. I hope you know how special you are to mom & I.

I hope your trip home goes well, and a first class seat to go with it!

We have presents for you !!!!!!

We didn't talk about the trip to Columbus the other night, but I guess

it is still on and then on to Dresden with mom. See you then.

Love, Dad

This was my response:
From: Jennifer Harpole On Behalf Of Jennifer Barga

Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 11:40 AM

To: "Dennis Barga"

Subject: Re: Birthday

Dad,

Thanks for the message! I could hear you singing to me! At least you left out the "30th" part from Happy birthday. I can't believe I am 30! You probably can't either. I am excited to see you guys next week. I haven't talked to mom about it either, but I will call her today. I haven't booked my plane ticket yet and I need to do that today. I heard it is supposed to rain all weekend in Green Bay - we were going to try to take the boat out with Maria, but it sounds like we may have to hit the mall instead....that will be okay, too.

Have a good weekend & thanks for the sweet message!

Love you,

Jennifer

Little did I know at the time, but my dad, mom, brothers, SIL Tami, and nephews, Alec & Jarrett drove to Green Bay on my birthday (the day after these messages were sent) to attend a surprise 30th birthday party that Jeff had for me!  I had NO idea until I answered the knock on the door at the party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment