Vday background

Friday, February 18, 2011

Robots and Piggies

On the way home today, Dominick suddenly announced "when I turn 5 on my birthday in December 8th, I want to have a dinosaur party". I cringed. Not because of the unexpected dinosaur-theme, but because, "eeeeek! he is GOING.TO.BE.FIVE on his next birthday". Wow. Then it hit me, he already knows what kind of party he wants. In February. He has, I then realize, caught on to the fact that for the past four birthdays, mommy has selected and planned his party theme without soliciting any input from him. He probably thinks that if he doesn't pipe up now, who knows what kind of party he would get this year? (In my defense, he has LOVED all of the parties I have planned for him). Kirsten then said, "my piggies, mommy". She often calls her toes her "piggies", so I just assumed that since were were driving in the van, she had probably ditched her shoes and socks (like always), and was referring to her "piggies" (ie: toes). "Where's your piggies?", I said. "my wike pink piggies my hap birt day, mommy". Oh, nevermind, she wasn't telling me about her toes, she was telling me that she wanted a piggy birthday party. A pink one. It evidently only took her TWO years to figure out that mommy sort of controls the birthday party festivies around here. Well, looks like that is all about to change. Looks like I'll be searching for some dinosaur and piggy cake ideas, favors, cricut cartridges, etsy goodies, etc, etc. Oh, wait, before we were even home, Dominick declared that, "actually, mommy, I forgot. I actually want a robot party for my birthday". And to think I JUST seen a Robot Cricut Cartridge on clearance somewhere, and although I can't remember where, I do remember thinking (at the time that I saw it), "well, of course they have a ROBOT cartridge on clearance. Who in the world would need (or want) a cartridge full of just robots?". Turns out that someone is me. Now, to just find a piggy one on clearance, too.....

No comments:

Post a Comment