Vday background

Friday, February 11, 2011

Sick Day

Kirsten developed a fever yesterday afternoon, and was home with me today. She was sitting on my desk (pretending) to be 'talking' on the phone to daddy while I tried to get a few work things done. All of the sudden, she noticed my earrings....something she's never done before. She promptly hung up the phone, and then moved my hair aside so that she could get a good look at the earring in my left ear. After examining it closely, she then asked, "whut dat, mommy?", to which I replied, "that's my earring, Kirsten. I have another one in my other ear" (as I turned my head to show her the one in my right ear). She got the biggest smile on her face, and then proceeded to grab the sides of my head and turn it from side to side, admiring the bling in my ears. She then decidedly stated/asked, "my wike dat my ear, mommy?". Translation: can I please get my ears pierced and wear pretty diamond earrings like you do, mommy?". I just laughed. Where does she get this stuff? I have a feeling this won't be the last time we have a "discussion" about her wanting to get her ears pierced.

No comments:

Post a Comment